Amusement Park Accidents and Personal Injury

By their nature amusement parks are risky locales. While the risk and thrill of park rides can be exciting, it can also be devastating if something goes wrong. Ride accidents can happen at high speeds or heights which can cause serious injury and even death.

Amusement park accidents are no joke. If you or someone you know has been involved in a park accident, consulting with an amusement park injury attorney immediately could help you get the compensation to which you may be entitled.

Causes of Park Accidents

According to the Consumer Protection Safety Commission, the occurrence of theme park accidents is most commonly due to one or more of the following:

  • Ride operator negligence
  • Mechanical failure of ride components
  • Defects in the design of the ride
  • Negligent maintenance

If you have sustained injuries from an amusement park ride, the ride’s operators, maintenance crew, engineers, or architects may be liable.

Park Ride Risks

In some cases it is difficult to obtain data on theme park accidents, because some states do not require the parks to disclose accident data to the public. The lack of regulation on accident monitoring and reporting makes it more difficult to calculate the risks involved in riding roller coasters and other rides.

Unfortunately, this lack of surveillance may also suggest that there is less accountability for ride injuries than there should be. The Consumer Protection Safety Commission estimates that injuries requiring emergency room treatment are becoming increasingly common: the number of reported ER injuries due to ride accidents rose by more than 80 percent in the past five years.

Why You Need a Lawyer
If you or someone you know has been involved in an theme park ride accident, you may be entitled to compensation for injuries and damages due to someone else’s negligence. For more information on amusement park personal injury claims, visit the website of Waukesha, Wisconsin personal injury attorneys Habush, Habush, & Rottier, S.C. here..